The powder alloy / high-speed tool steel produced by the powder metallurgy process has no segregation and obtains a very uniform and fine structure unlike the existing materials. The wear resistance can be improved by a large amount of various carbide forming elements can be added, and excellent heat treatment stability.
Powder Metallurgy Mill rolls, Pinch rolls, and Table roller for Cold/Hot Rolling are superior to general Rolling and Casting steels in improving wear-resistance for above products. Presently, It is widely used in domestic and overseas markets.
Comparison Of Carbide Structures
Comparison diagram of wear resistance and toughness
- Wire rod Mills in Intermediate stands, Mill rolls in Finishing stands
- Round Bar/Re-Bar/other Bar Mills in Intermediate stands, Mill rolls in Finishing stands
- Being used to Oval, Round, Angle, Profile, Slit, Dog bone, etc.
- Ring-Type Mill roll, Kocks Roll, Pinch Roller, Sizing Roller, Guide Roller, and Rollers for transmission
- Material: Square, Round Bar, Rod
- Superior wear-resistance : 4~5 times vs DCI, 1.5~3 times vs Casting HSS, 5 times vs Tool stee
- Materials with no porosity by HIP (Hot Isostatic Pressing)
- Economical & Assemblability : Producible Diffusion Bonding (Mild Steel+FT-9/10/23), and it applicable only to the part of use, and mild steel is applicable to parts where assembly and cutting are vulnerable.
- Uniform dispersion of fine complex carbides : Improved toughness, wear-resistance, yield strength, and corrosion-resistance than Casting materials
- Maintain wear resistance, toughness and hardness and minimize cracks up to 500 ℃
- Manufactured from fine-grained alloy powder : Prevention of one-sided wear and roll marking (good wear-profile)
- Heat treatment strain and thermal expansion coefficient are stable unless the hardness and heat treatment condition is almost same as Casting HSS
- Excellent cost-effectiveness (saving the maintenance time and cost)
- Easy to re-machine & re-polish than casting materials (DCI, HSS) (above 15%)
- Lathe, CNC machining with Ceramic & CBN bite (0.5~2mm)
- ▶ FT-9/10/23 + Mild Steel